The Indian Journal of Law and Technology, in collaboration with civil society in the area of law and technology, organises an annual essay competition to promote awareness and scholarship in the field. To encourage participation amongst young law students, a special ‘Best First Year Student Essay’ prize is also awarded. Submissions are judges by experts in the field, based on the current themes for the competition. Winning entries are also considered for publication in the subsequent issue of the journal.
2nd IJLT-SFLC Law & Technology Essay Competition 2014
- The Future of Internet Governance: Multilateralism or Multistakeholderism or a third path?
- Bitcoins – a viable currency? Regulatory and legal issues.
I Prize: Rs. 15,000
IInd Prize: Rs. 10,500
IIIrd Prize: Rs. 7,500
Best First Year Student Essay: Rs. 5,000
The winning law essay shall also be considered for publication in the next issue of IJLT, in accordance with the Editorial Policy.
IJLT-SFLC LAW & TECHNOLOGY ESSAY COMPETITION
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY Software Patent Litigation- A waste of time and Money.
- INTERNET GOVERNANCE Network Neutrality – Can the Competition Law in India ensure a level playing field?
- OPENNESS & ACCESSIBILITY Government support for Open Source & Open Access – Need for a legal framework to ensure Access to knowledge
- PRIVACY If You’re Not Paying For It, You Are the Product Being Sold’ – Privacy Issues on the Internet
I Prize: Rs. 10,000
IInd Prize: Rs. 7,500
IIIrd Prize: Rs. 5,000
Best First Year Student Essay: 2,500
15th March, 2013
|Best First Year Student Submission||Atharva Samir Sontakke||Gujarat National Law University||1st Year|
|1st Prize||Aradhya Sethia||NLSIU, Bangalore||1st Year|
|2nd Prize||Danish||NUALS, Kochi||3rd Year|
|3rd Prize||Vaibhav Parikh||Gujarat National Law University||3rd Year|
IJLT-CIS ANNUAL LAW ESSAY COMPETITION
- Criminality And Second Life: Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde.
- Trademark And The Internet: Cybersquatting To The Google.
- Adwords-Consim Controversy – Reasonable Limits To Trademark Protection.
- 3G Services And Spectrum Allocation: Fair Competition, Welfare And Freedom Of Speech And Commerce On The Airwaves.
- Easier To Be Criminals: Judicial And Legislative Responses To Cyber Crime In India.
Ist Prize: Rs.7,500
IInd Prize: Rs. 5,000
IIIrd Prize: Rs. 4,000
23rd January, 2010