- All manuscripts (by e-mail or hard copy) must be accompanied by:
- A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.).
- An abstract of not more than 300 words describing the submission.
- Electronic submissions (on website or email) should ideally be made in Word Format (.doc)/(.docx), although (.pdf) is also acceptable. Documents can be sent in free document formats such as (.odt), (odf) as well.
- Text and citations should ideally conform to the rules in THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM SYSTEM OF CITATION (18th edition). However, any uniform system of citation is also acceptable. The system of citation used (if not THE BLUEBOOK) must be specified in the covering letter. The Journal employs footnotes as the method of citation.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author (s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
- The articles in the Journal will be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.
- To facilitate the publication of concise and relevant legal scholarship, the Journal strongly encourages authors not to exceed 8,000 words (exclusive of footnotes). However, this word limit is not binding and can be waived in appropriate circumstances.
- Authors are required to obtain written permission for the use of any copyrighted material in the manuscript and must communicate the same to the Journal. Such material may include tables, charts etc. Acceptance of publication in the Journal implies acceptance of the copyright transfer and other terms in the IJLT Author Agreement.
- Authors are also required to inform the Editorial Board if they have submitted their manuscript to another law journal and if they have received an offer of publication. Authors may request an expedited review on this basis. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- Either electronic or hard copies of the manuscripts may be submitted although electronic submissions are strongly encouraged.
Please send the submissions to: email@example.com
Click here to download Submisssion Guidelines